The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
rear brake cable adjustment adaptions?

.jpg   P4020001.JPG (Size: 75.85 KB / Downloads: 738)         

These are two adjusters I have made.
The top one consists of a fork threaded female 5/16" BSF. I think it might be the adjusting fork for a rear Bowden set up. If not, one of the standard cable clamp forks could be drilled out and tapped. I then cut out a small 1/4" thick connector and drilled two 5/16" holes about 1" apart, as in the third item down. Two cuts from one end to a hole will give you a slot into which a length of studding can be welded. (A bolt with its head cut off would have done just as well, the threaded section does not need to be very long).
The second one is simply an 8mm turn buckle, with the little link connecting it to the cable fork.  The thing about this one is that there is no welding or altering standard parts, and best of all it can be adjusted without removing any clevis pins. I did consider making an 8mm. adjusting eye like the top one to screw into the RH side of the turn buckle, but decided it wasn't worth the trouble and in any case the welder just ran out of gas!
cliff.

Messages In This Thread
rear brake cable adjustment adaptions? - by JonE - 02-04-2021, 08:50 AM
RE: rear brake cable adjustment adaptions? - by Cliff Ringrose - 02-04-2021, 08:23 PM