The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starter Motor not Engaging - Advice Please
Sorry if you are all a bit bored with this one, but I’ve run some more tests with a voltmeter attached to the battery.

The alignment is fine by the way, because we have achieved a bit of a turn.

Exide 80 amp 6 months old. It measures 6.4 volts and when the starter is energised, the Bendix throws in nicely with a hefty clunk and there was a tentative turn of the engine and throughout the operation the (analogue) voltmeter didn’t drop below 6 volts.

I’m hoping it’s just the fact that I’m using jump leads (2000 amp) and once I’ve connected up everything all will be well, but it sounds like it simply hasn’t the grunt to turn it over...I can assure you the compression though good isn’t that good!

Thanks for allowing me to piggyback on this thread John and for everyone’s help, I’m now going to crack on with welding up the dashboard which had a huge valve radio jammed in the glove box!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Starter Motor not Engaging - Advice Please - by Ivor Hawkins - 06-06-2020, 05:59 PM