The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Introducing the Austin Seven podcast Series
In my opinion it would be good to dispel myths and the assumption that they are incredibly slow and hard to drive with dreadful brakes, a properly sorted seven is none of these things. Show some of the sporting side of our world, it is what inspired many of us as youngsters to get involved I find that a lot today are astonished by the performance of a racing seven, and those who are given the opportunity of a drive are often instantly hooked. The other misconception is that the are extortionately expensive, true the price is starting to get up there especially within the UK but still not moonbeams as some other marques are. Parts are easily available, they are simple to work on and understand, there are a few quirks that can trip the uninitiated but plenty of knowledgeable people who can help. The Austin 7 clubs in my experience are generally found to be some of the friendliest and welcoming in the world. I think few of the current generation realise just what Austin was as a company pre war, largest British car manufacturer, a very high quality product, and the seven was revelation in its day and widely copied. Almost all parts designed and manufactured in house, something none of the imitators and challengers could match, and which is very evident in the survival rates compared to the also rans. There thats my starter, others will have plenty of helpful points to add I am sure, I hope that you are successful.
I am sure Mr C will be along soon to rubbish everything I have said, point out the error of our ways and make some derogatory comment about todays youth.
Black Art Enthusiast

Messages In This Thread
RE: Introducing the Austin Seven podcast Series - by Ian Williams - 26-05-2020, 09:55 AM