The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
King pin eye faces on stub and beam axles.
Likewise I'd use the hardened steel ones from Seven Workshop etc. assuming they are available. Depending on the state of your axle you might find you need to slip in another washer to take up end clearance, in this case I'd use any steel washer rather than accept a sloppy joint. You might well eventually find yourself with a pile of whatever washers you can find trying to make up the right thickness.

On the tap cutter, do please proceed with care, it will do quite a reasonable job of clean-up if used thoughtfully and patiently. There are doubtless better ways from an engineering viewpoint! I personally prefer to do anything I can myself and for jolly good reasons, but if you have any doubts hand it over to a pro.

Steve, at least a lot of overthink / overspend, in my humble opinion. We are all guilty at times but I sense the movement is, well, moving...

Messages In This Thread
RE: King pin eye faces on stub and beam axles. - by Chris KC - 28-11-2017, 08:45 PM