The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Torque for axle banjo and torque tube bolts
(21-10-2017, 06:09 PM)AustinWood Wrote: I'm not sure that torque settings mean much at all on old threads.
I always do things up firmly with a sensible size spanner - Not too big.

Thanks but with-ought any thoughts of criticism and belittling etc. I prefer factual figures to be quote so can relate to known specifications.
I had done up the bolts "firmly" with a six inch 5/16 ring spanner - what I thought was tight enough.  Then I set my torque wrench to a low reading and gradually increased the setting till the bolt just moved to see what the torque actually was (within the known inacuracy 0f +/- 25% attributed to torque wrench settings) and it turned out to be significantly lower than 18lbft.  The bolts were new with copper slip applied to prevent any corrosion.

Mr weight lifter of the year would apply a very different "firm" pressure to that which my elderly wife would apply  Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Torque for axle banjo and torque tube bolts - by Dennis Nicholas - 25-10-2017, 01:36 PM