The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking tips for making good quality battery cables
I was always told (when working as an electronics technician) that the reason you don't use soldered/tinned wires under screw terminals is because the solder is soft and over time it 'creeps' and the connection will come loose. Not sure how accurate that it but definitely at a holiday job I had doing stuff for a military application years ago they were strict on what we could and couldn't do and crimped and screwed connections couldn't be tinned or soldered.

Saying all this I think a decently soldered connection will work perfectly fine in an Austin 7 even if not 'technically' correct. Practically it should work fine if the solder joint isn't a dry one as Colin says.

With ready made leads I find it can be hard to find black ones these days. For some reason a lot seem to be blue! The ones I had made weren't much more expensive than buying ready made ones. It's a quick job for someone with the right tools and you get the exact length you need.

Simon

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seeking tips for making good quality battery cables - by jansens - 29-01-2019, 09:33 PM