The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with starter motor ( HELP !!! )
So, I go out to the garage to check out an issue thats been bugging me for days, bought a new battery 6V, cleaned up the contacts on the starter motor 'switch' tried the starter and nothing !!!! anyway stripped starter motor, fitted new brushes, cleaned armature etc, put back, and tried starting via switch, all seamed good ? anyway at present the dynamo is not wired in, so after a while battery died, recharged battery , tried starting again, clonk, s/motor hardly moves, so thought switch may be problem ?? removed switch and place starter cable directly to motor contact, bit of life in the s/motor, BUT, as the garage was quite drank, I noticed a 'glow' between the starting handle casting and the rad surround (1935 Ruby), tried starting via direct contact to s/motor and glow  showed again ???? so simple question, do you think I need to have a direct earth lead going back to the battery, as guessing glow is engine trying the earth via body shell, over to the the experts. Undecided

Messages In This Thread
Problem with starter motor ( HELP !!! ) - by flywheel1935 - 14-12-2018, 08:53 PM