The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
electronic distributors - any further feedback?
I'd like to add my experiences. I have had an Accutronics baseplate on my Pearl for about 5 years, which has been super (standard ignition cables). I thought I would try the new complete distributors to overcome the various wear issues of an 80 year old dsitributor.
I found it nigh on impossible to get the timing right, which I put down to the two advance springs being identical and weak. I therefore reverted to the original distributor with correct springs etc and hey presto timing was again settable and the car performed well.
Bear in mind my engine is somewhat tuned; shaved high compression head, large valve ported block, Paul Bonewell cam and followers with a Nippy manifold and downdraft Zenith. This may make it even more sensitive to timing. I might try some new Lucas springs in the Accutronics distributor and see what happens. BTW Apparentlly the Distributor Doctor is working on his own replacement distributor which may well be better but probably more expensive.

Messages In This Thread
RE: electronic distributors - any further feedback? - by Martin Baker - 17-10-2018, 02:47 PM