The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The DVLA......aaarrrrgggghhhhh
I just need to share some frustration with the DVLA and my ongoing experience with them to register my currently unregistered car....

Mid June I go all the documents together to support registration - letter of authenticity etc etc - ad sent it off.

9th August a package comes back from the DVLA - I hadn't provided correct proof of address. My fault as i had misunderstood their requirements. I'm on hol when this arrives soo...

17th Aug I send off everything again with new insurance cover note, proff of address, everything they need, as confirmed by their help chap on the general advice line - who also advises a 10 day turnaround. Excited I post off the fat envelope.

I wait
I wait
I wait

Monday (10th Sept). My frustration overcomes me and I call the DVLA. I'm told some confusing maths regarding dates but ultimately it means, apparently, that it's unlikley my application has been processed yet and I should call again in two days.

Wednesday (12th Sept) - today - I call again. Now it seems i was misinformed on monday. In fact my application should have been processed by 7th Sept. It has not as they have no record of it. So it's most likely been lost.

Now this causes me an issue. As part of the pack sent to the DVLA is the embossed Letter of Authentication from this club, so I no longer have it. Everything else i can easily send again, but not that.

So I'm going to send the pack off again with photos I took of everything I put in the envelope. God knows if this will actually work or not.

I just want to drive my car......

Yours frustratedly

Ray

Messages In This Thread
The DVLA......aaarrrrgggghhhhh - by fatcatvera - 12-09-2018, 03:52 PM
RE: The DVLA......aaarrrrgggghhhhh - by JonE - 12-09-2018, 10:22 PM
RE: The DVLA......aaarrrrgggghhhhh - by JohnD - 13-09-2018, 10:31 AM
RE: The DVLA......aaarrrrgggghhhhh - by Geoff101 - 13-09-2018, 01:49 PM
RE: The DVLA......aaarrrrgggghhhhh - by Geoff101 - 13-09-2018, 04:36 PM
RE: The DVLA......aaarrrrgggghhhhh - by mk1-mark - 14-09-2018, 09:51 AM
RE: The DVLA......aaarrrrgggghhhhh - by JonE - 14-09-2018, 03:53 PM