The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Seven steering issues
Me again!
Local garage lent me their tracking gauges, as they didn't fancy doing it - chickens. First i did a quick and dirty tape measure check front and back of the front tyres and this said the car had 1cm of toe out, Hmmmm. So i then spent ages getting this horrid laser sighted tracker aligned and set up and happy days it confirmed i had toe out of just over 1 degree. So out came those funny imperial spanners and it all came apart beautifully and adjusted up nicely to give a half degree of toe in. I'm not sure if this is too much but now i can do it, thought i would make sure i had toe in.
The car now tracks in a straight line better, but its still like wrestling Geoff Capes to turn right.
The garage didn't have castor or camber gauges. I am happy to have a go at camber if i can find gauges as i am used to doing this on my old racing 2CV, but castor might be beyond me. I have now increased tyre pressure to 28psi after reading the longstone website from 24.5 psi but havent road tested yet.

I am still concerned it might be kingpins or even steering box, but this is the downfall of the internet, we all become laptop experts of something we have no real knowledge. Any further guidance appreciated. Including what the ideal set up values might be.

Messages In This Thread
Big Seven steering issues - by lsrracer - 24-06-2018, 08:26 PM
RE: Big Seven steering issues - by bob46320 - 24-06-2018, 08:36 PM
RE: Big Seven steering issues - by Tony Press - 24-06-2018, 11:47 PM
RE: Big Seven steering issues - by lsrracer - 25-06-2018, 08:31 PM