The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I have a problem Ruby near me whose owner was a PWA7 club member until 2022 when he died, the car now belongs to two daughters one in Plymouth the other in Warwick. One of the sisters asked me to give the car a service and recommend a car transport company. I went to see the car which is in a sound lock up garage, I inflated the flat tyres, checked the battery, 0 volts almost empty of electrolyte and the plates breaking up. I tried to turn the engine and found it solid, removed the spark plugs but having a late HC head couldn't see a lot, poured some release oil in the cylinders and left it for 2 weeks. On my return it was still solid, not wanting to break the nose cone I put it in third gear and tried to push the car it was still solid. Now the radiator is empty and the drain tap open and I find it hard to believe that it has rusted up in 3 years and suspect it has seized up by being run dry. The car is in good condition, no rust good trim and I'm loathe to lift the head in the lock up and open a can of worms. The owners want it moving to the Midlands. What it needs is moving to a workshop for the work to be done, does anybody know such a place in the Midlands.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
A beautiful evening drive - by Tony Griffiths - 19-09-2024, 10:16 AM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Dave Mann - Yesterday, 10:08 AM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM