The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A7 Books
The whole of the EU imposes heavy taxes on imports from every country - and requires both paper and electronic customs clearance. Recently, to import some thick leather belting from Belgium, the £200 cost would have been increased from£200 to £250 - I sourced the same from India at £85, delivered. Sellers in the US are often reluctant to ship outside the country - and often refuse to use other than the eBay "international shipping' system which adds an incredible £38 for a slim catalogue that was £8 to buy. Problem countries? Italy - don't try to send anything there, the postal system is in disarray (though I hear it might be improving). South Africa? Nothing ever gets through the normal post - the only way is to use an expensive courier - and the rest of Africa is almost as bad. I've also had trouble with the standard post to most countries in South America and now only ship with couriers. BTW - if you use a courier to import, expect some eye-watering extra costs.

Messages In This Thread
A7 Books - by bob46320 - 11 hours ago
RE: A7 Books - by Hugh Barnes - 10 hours ago
RE: A7 Books - by Nick Salmon - 9 hours ago
RE: A7 Books - by Chris KC - 8 hours ago
RE: A7 Books - by bob46320 - 8 hours ago
RE: A7 Books - by Robert Leigh - 6 hours ago
RE: A7 Books - by Tony Griffiths - 2 hours ago
RE: A7 Books - by Tony Press - 1 hour ago