The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A plea for A7CA Magazine articles...
(05-09-2024, 09:19 AM)Chris KC Wrote: Just a thought, but we don't seem to see so many technical & how-to articles these days. 
I guess a lot of present owners either bought their cars in a restored state, or repaired them so long ago that details have misted. 
Plus there's always the fear of sticking one's neck out and getting pooh-poohed by the many, many people who know better.

Nonetheless, there are still quite a few challenging restoration tasks which don't seem to have ever had a write-up (or did so long ago that I can't find them - in which case perhaps they are due for a re-print?) Fer instance, next year I have to tackle a sill replacement on a Box saloon - but I have yet to find a guide to walk me through the process. Likewise roof peak repair (I've just done mine, and not sure I'd hold it up as a beacon of excellence, but I've done it. Just wondering how I'd condense it into a 2-pager).

My basic point (if you've read this far) is that there are still challenging A7 tasks for which a handy reference guide has yet to be written...

Hi Chris

You are right, there are not many ‘walk through restoration’ articles of late and they are always very welcome.  With my own restoration work I always forget to take the right photos (perhaps because I’m so engrossed in doing the work).  But to all potential contributors….If you are starting a bit of restoration work please take photos and scribble down notes for a future article in the magazine.  Perhaps for a special issue in the new year?

Thanks Chris for raising this

Howard

Messages In This Thread
RE: A plea for A7CA Magazine articles... - by Howard Wright - 05-09-2024, 09:59 AM