The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Andrew wrote: " Also, it definitely seemed to have a little bit more power on the way home today. Does a gentle sprinkle of rain make the difference? I think it does. "

Many years ago, a friend of mine with a Morris Eight reckoned his car went better in the rain andĀ  the suggestion (very tongue in cheek, I might add) was that the rain being drawn into the carburettor turned into high pressure steam on combustion!

To return to the purpose of this thread, I took the Seven out to Llanuwchllyn at the other end of the lake to attendĀ  the light railway's steam gala. It rained most of the time and, as it happened, I was the only classic car there. I did take photos of the proceedings, but seem to have mislaid the download lead for the Leica. so photos will be posted later.

To cap things off, the starter motor on the modern ceased to function this evening, so it looks as if the Seven will be my daily driver until I can procure and fit a new one.

The Landrover is currently off the road with gearbox problems, so, once again the Seven is last man standing.

Heigh ho.......

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by David Stepney - 25-08-2024, 10:16 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM