The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radiator drain tap stuck - am I being stupid?
Thanks John, that's very helpful! My tap is nothing like that, so I think I'm best to replace it. Hopefully the radiator will accept the correct one easily enough!

There is certainly no spring on mine and it looks nothing like the ones I've seen on other cars. 

This car hasn't had a lot of use recently but is in decent shape. I think that using it properly since I got it has strained some dormant parts. It certainly didn't have a coolant leak when I got it, and it did drip oil, but that has increased too. I'll get to the bottom of it, one way or another!

I'm feeling a slight downer about it right now but I know I'll love it again when I get back out in it. It's just what I wanted. 

I want to remove the radiator grille to get better access. Is that as simple as tapping the bolt out that holds the starter handle? And then unbolting everything holding it in place

Messages In This Thread
RE: Radiator drain tap stuck - am I being stupid? - by Ruby728 - 01-08-2024, 10:36 PM