The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear Crown and Pinion set up 1934 RP
Hi, I've just started to rebuild my back axle on my 1934 RP box saloon and need some advise on adjusting and setting up the crown and pinion properly. I think I have managed to get it aligned but don't have the experience to know I have definitely got it right and I don't want to cause more problems at a later date when the car is running!

I have assembled it and run the drive with a socket on the end of a drill to turn the axle for getting an idea of the contact being made on the crown and pinion, I've  used engineers blue on a quarter of the the crown wheel. The results are in the photos attached (this is after several attempts and adjustments). I do have some doubt I have got it right as there were 2 shims in each side of the torque tube from on the original set up, but I have removed one set and it seems to seat better, but the advice I have read is to put all of them back as it was. 

Any help on if it looks right or advise on getting it better would be very much appreciated. 

Regards 

John  
.jpg   Complete set up..jpg (Size: 154.82 KB / Downloads: 264)
.jpg   Crown marking 1.jpg (Size: 107.26 KB / Downloads: 264)
.jpg   Crown marking.jpg (Size: 72.52 KB / Downloads: 263)
.jpg   Pinion markings 1.jpg (Size: 107.59 KB / Downloads: 263)
.jpg   Pinion markings.jpg (Size: 112.9 KB / Downloads: 263)

Messages In This Thread
Rear Crown and Pinion set up 1934 RP - by John - 31-07-2024, 02:38 PM