The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bingo game: find an original part
..... ....Daimler certainly kept using old illustrations when components changed. They also didn't always add an illustration of parts that were added when a design change had happened.

Not only Daimler. The well known make I spent most of my working life repairing was also guilty of this. Just one example,  for a least three revisions of one particular workshop manual, they used an illustration of the superseded conventional push rod cylinder head from previous generation of the same model to illustrate certain service routines, when the model that the manual was actually written and supplied for was ohc. The text was correct but the pictures were not. Also, the bane(s) of my life, inaccurate wiring schematics, as in incorrect colours, circuits included which didn't exist in the production model, circuits omitted which should've been there, test specifications missing. Turned out the parent company had dispensed with their technical writers and illustrators as a cost-cutting exercise, so we were using the non-proofread  'beta version' of the service information, if you like.

Messages In This Thread
Bingo game: find an original part - by JonE - 15-07-2024, 08:31 AM
RE: Bingo game: find an original part - by A G Wood - 15-07-2024, 11:05 AM
RE: Bingo game: find an original part - by JonE - 15-07-2024, 11:53 AM