The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP what’s the best way to sell my Austin 7 Ruby?
Hi,
I've also sold a couple of cars on behalf of others via Car and Classic which have proved easy and not incurred any costs. Personally, I would avoid auction houses / sites - both selling and buying - but that's my personal opinion based on experiences some of my friends have had in the past when going this route.
It probably depends largely on what you've got and how much you anticipate achieving re sale price - there have been several cars over the years which have sat around for ages, disappeared and then returned months later to sit around again without selling due to some very "optimistic" sales prices.
I certainly wouldn't consider selling the registration number separately - it's part of your car and needs to stay with it - and you'd probably only end up about level overall once you then have to sell your car for a reduced price with the new registration number on it anyway.
If you're in an Austin 7 club, you can try their relevant publication or even the excellent "Grey Mag" from the Association for both the car and the spares you mention you have.
Everything will sell - it's just a matter of how long and how much.
Hope that helps / makes some sense?
Best wishes,
Nick

Messages In This Thread
RE: HELP what’s the best way to sell my Austin 7 Ruby? - by Austin Nippy - 28-05-2024, 08:22 AM