The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP what’s the best way to sell my Austin 7 Ruby?
HELP, what’s the best way to sell my Austin 7 Ruby?

How can I easily achieve the good sale price for my 1935 Ruby?

Is it though eBay, Car & Classic, Autotrader, The Classic Car Network or An Auction House like Mathewsons At Pickering. Obviously all will take a percentage and they have to make their profit.

As I live in sparsely populated part of the country, Cumbria, it’s harder to find prospective buyers who are willing to travel.

Another option would be to strip her of the original registration which could result in a instant purchase of between £1500 to just over £2000, I’ve even had a quote of £2500 with them selling it on their site for over £3000. But I’m not fan of parting a car of the plate. Then just accept a lower sale price.

Then there are the spares to get rid of and eBay doesn't seem to sell the bits quickly, whether it's because the prices are high or there is less interest in Austin's these days. Plus again potential buyers would have to travel as you can't put an engine in the post.

Any advice and ideas would be appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
HELP what’s the best way to sell my Austin 7 Ruby? - by DaveT - 27-05-2024, 03:01 PM