The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
33 Seven Tourer up (and nearly fully) running
Well it has been a failrly long slow process, but now have my 1933 Seven tourer running.
Re-built dynamo arrived last week, fitted and modifications to wiring done. Very pleased.
Sump fitted afer the problem with sheared bolts fixed. Again pleased as no signs of oil leaks.
Some minor works on the engine to stop the odd oil leak, and a coat of paint to the head
to make it look a bit better.
All the exhaust system removed and painted in high temperature paint. After a lot of head
scratching have left the (note) short wheelbase rear section of exhaust off and have semi permanent
short pipe coming out of the near side of the car just after the door. Found a use for an old 'SKY' dish
mounting pole, now part of the exhaust !!.
Nothing to major with wiring but repaired the 'dodgy' dashboard switch so now have ignition
from either the original or second switch.
All bulbs except for indicators are now LED types, a bit bright but better than the original lighting.
Also fitted a column indicator/ dipped/main switch. Works well and easier than trying to find the foot switch.

All brakes serviced (nothing needed replacing) and 'think' I have the cables setup about right. Well, the
brakes work and you do pull up in a straight line so not too bad.

The next couple of jobs mainly involve the rear axle and rear springs.
Axle is a bit 'growly' with a thrumming noise when powered but quiet on overrun. May be nothing but
suspicious after finding part of a tooth when I drained the rear axle.
Rear springs seem (to me) a bit soft but not hitting the bump stops except over speed bumps.
Really think I need to compare with other cars of the same vintage before I do anything.

Ended up dropping tyre pressures ( new Longstones) from 30 PSI all round to 26 PSI all round.
Car not so 'twitchy' now, but will play around with pressures until I am happy.

Will put some pictures up when I get chance.

Martin, GM6VXB

Messages In This Thread
33 Seven Tourer up (and nearly fully) running - by GM6VXB - 26-04-2024, 08:50 PM