The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can you check your battery is ok.
My car is not starting on the battery.  The starter does not turn when the starter is pulled although on checking the battery there is a large voltage drop and soon the battery is flat. All through this procedure  the amp meter shows nothing also there is not enough power to operate the horn or indicators.  The car starts on the handle but on tick over again the horn and indicators do not operate. However with a few revs on the engine both horn and indicators work correctly.
Forum readers  will now be aware that I am in no way familiar with auto electrickery. Do I need a new battery or is it something else. Should it be the later advice on a replacement please. I would also be appreciative of how you can check your battery. At the moment my all singing all dancing charger is supposed t check the condition of the battery before it starts the charging cycle. This it does without showing any problems.

Sorry for going on a bit. John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.

Messages In This Thread
How can you check your battery is ok. - by John Mason - 28-03-2024, 11:02 AM