The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Building my first Austin Seven car

.jpeg   AFE1F621-B1BF-46FC-8CFB-E0DF637DAD74.jpeg (Size: 103.39 KB / Downloads: 563)
Your design looks very smart Ruairidh. I prefer both the look of the single door version and the fact that the rear windows appear larger than the double door one. I wouldn't fancy reversing it whilst trying to peer through two small portholes!
The drawing has been done for Daisy by a Jean-Marie, a friend from near Le Mans.

She likes this one, a lot.
Aha, the "inclination"of the wheels screams Deux Chevaux !! I love the portholes too...in my head I've already made the former for that aluminium fin.
Jean-Marie must be quite a talented artist. and the design is beautifully proportioned. The curved sloping back is redolent of some of the prewar German light cars, such as the Standard Superior and the Hansa 400/500.

Looks a bit "Owletty",(which is no bad thing!)

[Image: 51287320006_19f19bb11d_c.jpg]1928 Frazer Nash 'Owlet' Racing Saloon by Clive Barker, on Flickr
Last year I built an engine for the son of the lady who once owned the original Owlet.

The portholes look similar, for sure.

Jean-Marie’s website is here: http://arbresacamesetpoilsdemartre.hautetfort.com/
The central 'spine' along the roof and tail is a Bugatti 'Atlantic' feature, no bad thing!
Who would have thought that Ettore would need to disguise the central seam eh?
Daisy gathered her friends to help move the sports van to a nearby garage today.

It’s first road trial went well and (almost) nobody got their toes run over…