The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Building my first Austin Seven car
Agree with the line of the peak over the windscreen being incorporated in the fluid lines.  BTW the fin on the Tatra 87 sloped down, in keeping with the lines of the vehicle - however, this is subjective and depends on what look you are going for.

M. Voisin would advise that the centre of pressure should coincide with the centre of gravity to maintain stability in a side wind. Memory says it was the Figoni bodied Le Mans Delage that started life with a fin that had to be amputated for this reason.

Is Daisy still attracted by the hinged tail idea? I wondered about a full length fabric roof a la early 2cv. Practical for access but might introduce undesirable structural requirements.

Regards,

Stuart
one has sent this to me, incorperating Clarsachs, we wonder if the fin could hold the Clarsach detail instead...?

Colin,

That is an excellent pictorial presentation of the Jaguat metamorphosis. Not seen it presented like that before.  Thanks.

Ian
I'd go for the Clarsach features most definitely and incorporate a rolling roof as per 2CV. A couple of light braces in folded steel could maintain lateral integrity and you'd have so much access from the rear with a spare wheel either under the floor or in a recess à la Deuche...
Source of the fin inspiration…

(17-01-2023, 10:14 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Source of the fin inspiration…

Original versions of the Taylor photos
Now that’s a pretty car, with or without the fin, thank# for the link to th3 original glass plate shots...proper photography!
I think it all depends on who is actually going to build the body. Complex shapes demand more attention, and work (and consequently expense). Keep is simple, keep it strong. The Highland Coupé is a design that will last. It's a good starting point.
(18-01-2023, 09:58 AM)austin Wrote:
(17-01-2023, 10:14 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Source of the fin inspiration…

Original versions of the Taylor photos

Ace! Do you see what I did there...?