The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Centenary question
(11-08-2022, 09:55 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Good to see that the 1972 organisers have not been subjected to the online abuse the 2022 group had to contend with - despite an almost identical (and in some cases, stricter) set of conditions.

Well done all.

Hi Ruairidh 

I understand the sentiment but in 72 the internet was in its infancy and it wasn’t so easy to express things nor would such expressions have a wide audience.  I think abuse (often without serious thought) has become too easy to deliver with todays electronic world.

Still a big thank you to the organisers for putting up with the abuse!

Cheers

Howard
You are quite correct, Howard.
Anyone that organises anything will soon learn that you will never please everyone but I don't remember seeing any online abuse directed at the committee or volunteers. A few people questioned some aspects of the event but were soon put in their place by other posters.
Hi Dave,

Just because you did not see it, did not mean it did not occur, unfortunately. Sad
Hi Ruairidh, re abuse, Pat and I arrived on site on the Sunday ready to help out, and saw first hand the hard work that was put in by your self and the rest of the team,(camping) in very hot conditions. Maybe it is easer to moan than help out. Well done to all volunteers. S&P
It was great to see you both again, Stuart, and your help was very much appreciated by us all, thank you.  Smile
as was the bottle of Felinfoel Double Dragon that Stuart donated to my cause...

Wink
It looked superb, Hugh.

Memories of a sore heid at Byrngawr, came flooding back to me, however.
Hi Hugh, you were more than welcome. Enjoy S&P
For me, one of the most enjoyable aspects of the event was being able to help in some small way by working with a group of very keen, hardworking and knowledgeable A7 enthusiasts. The great success of the wonderful "Pop-up" museum made it all so worthwhile.