The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
60 years of Austin Seven ownership…
I passed my driving test in RN saloon WJ 32** 60 years ago. (My dad’s car originally). I am still using it regularly. It’s in better nick than me!
When did he buy the car, Dave?
1936, two previous owners. He paid £40 for it. He used it during the war for some of the time as he had a reserved occupation. (This is from the insurance policies he has kept from that period) The company he worked for made clutch parts for military vehicles. I vaguely remember the remains of white paint on the wing and running board edges.
That's pretty good going, Dave. 88 years in the same family. It might be a record, unless of course someone knows better.
Check out Dave's photo of his father and the Seven in our Gallery section:

https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...iew&id=349
That’s superb, Dave.

I had a feeling it was from very nearly new.
What lovely stories. Could they be told more fully in the A7CA magazine? I'm sure there must be some milestones /mishaps /restorations which would make interesting reading.
I did a small history in the grey magazine a long time ago. It was entitled “Albert’s Austin”
Hi All

2025A is already quite full, but I think a call for ‘long associations with a particular car’ could be made for future issues. So get your stories in order with good quality photos!

Cheers

Howard
Enjoy the stories. It's amazing how past generations stumble into buying an A7, triggering a passion that will stay with the family for many more generations. Quite often, it was a case of getting to the car before the crusher got to it.

Dingo has been with us since 1965, but didn't get on the road until 1976. Springbox was purchased for £20 in 1971 and my special, I purchased from Bill Butler (750MC founder member) in 1979 for £400.