The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP - Dave Tedham…
Tamsin, Ashley and their families have just told me the sad news that Dave Tedham passed away a few hours ago.

They would like his friends to know, please do tell those who knew him. I will post details of the funeral when I know.

If you wish to contact Tamsin and Ashley please message me and I will pass on their address to you.

Dave helped me finish my first car, the red Ulster. I plan to take it out this afternoon and remember him in a way he would have enjoyed.

Lots of stories about him and Hilary are filling my head, feel free to share them here and I will ensure his family see them.

Sleep well, Dave!

That's exceedingly sad news. I bought my A7 Special from him in 2004 and I'll never forget the sight of all his Sevens in his barn (s) in Shropshire. He was immensely kind and helpful and even volunteered to deliver the (very cheap) car to my home in Hertfordshire. A couple of weeks later he arrived and not only handed over the car but also a small pile of A7 books which he thought I would find useful.

I then didn't see him again for a very long time but of course saw his name pop up here and there. Two or three years ago I was at an auction preview, looking over another A7 Special. A chap sidled next to me and we started talking about the car. I asked if he knew anything about it. 'I should do, I built it!', came the reply. It was then that I twigged it was Dave and we had a happy reminisce about my 2004 purchase.

RIP Dave.

Pics below are 'then' and 'now'.

.jpg   _DSC2335-2sm.jpg (Size: 266.13 KB / Downloads: 450)
Carol and I bought our first working Austin Seven from David, rather more than  a quarter of a century ago. We were living in Bridgnorth with David and Hilary down the bumpy track just past Kinlet. David would drop by on an afternoon for tea and biscuits, and much talking. Even after we moved to Wales we kept in contact, visits to Newhouse Farm might have been about Sevens, but visits to the studio and inspection of the latest paintings and some radical changes of style  were at least as important. David was usually to be seen at Shelsley, it was his absence recently that indicated that he was getting on. He once told me that he was so old that all he could remember was how to drive to the Post Office in Cleobury Mortimer, and to Shelsley. Bless you Dave, you will be much remembered, and sadly missed.
I think Dave lived a very full life, you can’t really ask for more than that.
Sad news.
Alan Fairless
This superb image of Dave was shared on FB by Terry McGrath…

.jpeg   IMG_9242.jpeg (Size: 213.24 KB / Downloads: 217)
Yes, Dave used to turn up for races in the 70s with purple chummy on trailer pulled behind his Morris minor with double base strapped behind.
Alan Fairless
Superb!
Dave was an inspiration to me as an 18 year old wannabe Austin Sevenist in the 1970's and was always present on BA7C events at that time.

I bought a LWB box, UJ 3334 from him thirty years ago and we had some good trips in that as a family. 

RIP my friend.