The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay Boat-tail
Does this look as if it has always been a boat-tail?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/296680733366
I had also thought that it didn't quite look right. Not badly priced though. Maybe prices are falling. This didn't fetch much https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/326254365297?...R5Tzu463ZA
It looks like a new bodyshell, made with very little reference to the original. The bottom half of the tail is the only part that looks any way convincing. Then again, for that price ...
As you say, sensibly priced and if it is a custom build, what a pleasant change from an Ulster replica!

I think Sparkysprite is a member on here and has been running around the Dales in it, so perhaps there’s a bit of history here on the forum for anyone interested.
Hi

It’s a bit like my van, not nearly an exact replica but lots of fun. Being 1930 it is VSCC eligible. Make a great trials car!

Howard
On the Chassis Register it says originally registered November 1931, Chassis Number 142912.
It has been cheerfully stitched together and used quite a lot, including the Centenary. Certainly no claims to use at Brooklands or being specially built for Gordon England’s aunt Muriel. Put a baker’s basket on the front and it could have delivery races with the editorial van.
I was asking because some of the short scuttle boat-tail cars seem to have quite a high scuttle - like this one - so I wasn't sure:

.jpg   Austin Seven boat tail.jpg (Size: 137.91 KB / Downloads: 206)
Is the blue machine in the background a long scuttle, for comparison?
It's a long scuttle - I hadn't noticed it was there.

I am surprised no one has bought the car yet - seems good value?