The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SU fuel pipe orientation and route
Is the bit under the tap some sort of filter? Most fuel filters are designed for pressurised systems. At best you can have a strainer gauze, anything finer will restrict the flow. It's also good to check the inside diameter of your tap. No point in having 5/16 hose if the hole through the open tap is only 3/16.
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
(30-08-2024, 03:49 PM)MartinH Wrote: Is the bit under the tap some sort of filter? Most fuel filters are designed for pressurised systems. At best you can have a strainer gauze, anything finer will restrict the flow. It's also good to check the inside diameter of your tap. No point in having 5/16 hose if the hole through the open tap is only 3/16.

Hi Martin

Inside the brass canister is a simple wire gauze.  The proprietary Seven taps sold by our Cherished suppliers are 1/8 BSP out of the tank and 1/4 BSP to the carb. Unfortunately I’ve not had one that doesn’t leak. On my two other cars I use a ball valve tap (motorcycle). These too are 1/8 BSP in and 1/4 BSP out.

As mentioned to Ruaridh fuel floods out of the banjo union with the tap open so  it look likes the flow is OK.

Cheers

Howard