The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Ruby owner - an introduction
On the subject of speedometers, this is the speedo in my RP saloon, which came with the car over 40 years ago but isn't original as it should have a Magmo unit.

I don't think it's a Ruby one either, as it carries the serial number 42871 and the number of TPM is 1000 and not 1040.

Can anyone tell me what it's likely to have come from? It works fine but isn't particularly accurate, reading a bit high.

[Image: Screenshot-20200406-205445-Gallery-1.jpg]
(03-08-2024, 04:09 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: On the subject of speedometers, this is the speedo in my RP saloon, which came with the car over 40 years ago but isn't original as it should have a Magmo unit.

I don't think it's a Ruby one either, as it carries the serial number 42871 and the number of TPM is 1000 and not 1040.

Can anyone tell me what it's likely to have come from? It works fine but isn't particularly accurate, reading a bit high.
A quick speculative Google suggests it might be from a BSA or Triumph motorcycle?
Unoriginal speedo Bruce? they’ll deduct points at the concours you know!
I'm with Bruce on this one - after a few miles' appraisal my Magmo was chucked in the nearest hedge...
Well I have to admit I won't lose any sleep about the rivet counters. The TPM difference is only 4% so it's not hugely inaccurate, just a bit. In all the years I've been using the car I still haven't managed to get done on a speed camera yet, and it's not because of not trying hard enough!

Sorry for the thread drift.
Funny that. I have the same as Reckers on my ‘32 AH tourer. Works pretty well, not that I’m too concerned about speedo-watching. 
On that score I have the remnants of two Magmos if any restorer/rivet counter wants to try to make one good one out of the two….
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish