The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - June 2024
Another one of Jeff Taylor's internet finds; we've no information at all with this one, but my guess is it dates from the mid-1930s. Does anyone recognise the location? Presumably a railway station in a reasonably large town?

.jpg   14_24_11_17_2_07_12.jpg (Size: 99.73 KB / Downloads: 451)
Chester Market Hall
A victim of the 1960s
I’ve just googled what has replaced this wonderful old building…what were they thinking?

I’m struggling to identify the large saloon car and I’m usually quite good, perhaps I’ll have to consult my Observers book!
(01-06-2024, 08:51 AM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: I’m struggling to identify the large saloon car and I’m usually quite good, perhaps I’ll have to consult my Observers book!

Late 1920s flat-nose Morris Cowley.
Thanks Mike, I couldn’t zoom in as it is a low res picture (I think!)
I think this is a different view of the same building - from a steeple-jack's point of view.  Identifying the cars is perhaps a bit of challenge - though there is at least one Seven?

.jpg   Chester Market Hall Steeplejacks View 1930s.jpg (Size: 181.85 KB / Downloads: 265)

(From the 'Chesterwalls.info' website.)
What a great picture, particularly the steeplejack’s safety equipment, shirt and tie and a trilby!
Bet he had clean underpants on as well
My dad always wore shirt, tie, and a trilby.
(02-06-2024, 07:52 AM)andrew34ruby Wrote: My dad always wore shirt, tie, and a trilby.

Shirt collar’s a bit creased though ?