The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Four blade fan?
(24-08-2024, 04:12 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: We took the bonnet off the Pearl on the Stelvio, worked a treat.

Hi Ruaridh

I think that the fact that the van is based on an AD tourer with no louvres doesn’t help the overheating. A slightly longer run today kept the temperature around 95 except on one really steep bit where the temperature approached boiling…..and the van started to stutter…fuel vaporisation probably.  So the four blade fan is doing something but very difficult to quantify.

Cheers

Howard
If you need a bigger fan , try to get hold of export set - 4 blades (a little larger diameter than the ones made using the standard 2 blade as a pattern) and wider belt.
Ken Morton, Vancouver
Thanks Ken

I’ll look out for one but I imagine they are very rare.

Cheers

Howard
If you really want an export fan Howard I can help you, I have several doing nothing in my parts shed.
Black Art Enthusiast
(03-09-2024, 03:53 AM)Ian Williams Wrote: If you really want an export fan Howard I can help you, I have several doing nothing in my parts shed.

Hi Ian

That’s kind of you.  At the moment the four blade I have fitted seems to have prevented boiling and I think the real problem is the radiator core. But thanks for the offer.

Cheers

Howard