The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Swallows Return
The swallows return - sadly, not the car type but the winged variety that, after an absence of five years, have returned to nest in the garage. Can anyone recommend a good car cover in an Austin 7 size?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What an appropriate looking garage for your car. Sorry I don't know of a suitable cover, but it is a nice period garage.
Do I detect a spot of AI going on?
Hi Tony,

I got a cover for a golf buggy. Perfect for my lwb Box.

I should have been wearing the cover, when driving my Mum's Chummy last week. A bird got a direct hit into my ear. Don't even go there Tony - I don't need to see a picture of the incident.

Have a good day,
Colin
Tony,

That AI photo is a bit difficult to swallow I’m afraid.

Howard
Wrong car, shouldn’t be an Austin but a Swift. As for the hinges, numbers of the senior male crew members in the weekend centenary celebrations of the Small Car Trials are historic hinge enthusiasts. They stop at field gates to inspect the hinges.
If you would like to see an impressive 'gulp' [for that is the collective noun, so I am informed] of genuine Swallows then make your way to the National A7 Rally at Beaulieu on Sunday 30th June. We are expecting around a dozen from the Register to be on display. And we'll have two Wolseley Hornet Swallow two-seaters joining them.
Hi Tony, Smart Car cover ref. posts 26/8/23.

Search "Smart Car".

Cheers, Russell. Wink
Thank you all for your many useful - and amusing - replies! I think I'll try the Golf Buggy job.
I used a cover for a medium size SUV and cut about 2 feet out of it in front of the windscreen. My wife then sewed it together. You can see the join in the photo. The  nice thing about this cover is that it has a fleecey lining so that it won't scratch the paint.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   20240522_160917.jpg (Size: 179.58 KB / Downloads: 103)