The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Seven Racers values !
Like so many I follow Austin prices with great interest... 

however I was a little surprised when I was notified of this lovely Special race car available on the market in the US

1935 Austin Seven Special

The Austin Seven single-seat Special was built using the chassis, engine and suspension of an Austin van that was totaled by the owner in 1936. Completed in 1937 and ready to race, it was unfortunately not to be.  In 1939 the owner, a RAF Flight officer, was forced to put the car in storage whilst he went to defend his country and eventually lose his life during the Battle of Britain. His widow kept the car in her estate’s barn until it was discovered in 1991. In 1995 Don Rawson was commissioned to rebuild the Austin Seven Special to ‘in the day’ rules.

This beautiful Austin Seven sports a supercharged 750cc four-cylinder engine driven through an Austin 4-speed crash box. The aluminum body enjoys modern updates for racing including a rollover bar, fuel cell and safety harness.

The Austin Seven raced with Roney Smith from 2000 to 2007 including four appearances at the Monterey Historics. At the 2009 Monterey Historics, the current owner drove the Austin Seven Special to second in class and he also won the Rolex Award for presentation and performance.

The car is currently completing an engine rebuild. Price is $255,000.00 US

.png   racer2.png (Size: 250.98 KB / Downloads: 392)

You got to admire some people's optimism... that made my day.
Blimey they can have our supercharged single seater plus the normally aspirated single seater for that...

Aye
Greig
I would also take the pre-war history with a pinch of salt, too. If Don Rawson discovered an authentic pre-war racer in 1991 he would have rebuilt it with due regard for its history.
I understood Don recommissioned it ....
That car is sitting way too close to the ground for a pre war racecar with the driver in an very reclined position.

See Below for a comparison of a Real 1936 Racing Austin Seven with offset driveline.
Note the ride height and seating.

https://www.sciencephoto.com/media/99914...lands-1936