The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honeymoon Roadtrip to Mull
Mull is a wonderful place. I spent a couple of seasons there working in Macgochans and had great fun exploring the island on my motorbike on my very rare days off.
I meant to say Congratulations Rupert to you and your better-half. I wish you a long and happy marriage.

Dave
Day 4: Glengorm Castle and Tobermory

This day didn't involve a huge amount of driving and instead we did a bit more around Tobermory. We headed up to Glengorm Castle first where we had a coffee and met some friendly cows:

We then headed into Tobermory for some lunch and parked outside the Mishnish which is a fantastic pub. We ate seaford almost every meal in various places and it was consistently excellent, and I'm certainly missing it now. In the afternoon we walked up to the Tobermory lighthouse.

By now the gearbox was starting to be a bit tricky and was struggling to select gears when stationary as if the clutch wasn't disengaging, even though I'm fairly sure it was. I still haven't had a chance to investigate what's going on here.
Wonderful photos, Rupert.

Nice to read that you also enjoy seafood.
Day 5: Tobermory - Oban - Ardanaiseig - 43 miles

We had a relatively early start to this day to get the ferry back to the mainland, and of course the car chose a relatively time critical point of the trip to have a breakdown. I'd noticed the idle was gradually getting higher, before the car seemed to lose almost all power and I coasted to a stop at the side of the road. 

The problem was quickly revealed to be that the nut holding the throttle linkage to the carb had made a bid for freedom and the entire linkage had come adrift. I was able to quickly bodge it back together using some stiff wire, not entirely satisfactorily, but enough to get us to the ferry on time.

After an uneventful ferry back to the mainland, accompanied by the noise of dozens of car alarms we made it back to Oban. We took a scenic route out of Oban where we took for the opportunity to pull over for a bite to eat and to try and make a slightly better repair of the throttle linkage. This road out of Oban follows the railway line and is a lovely alternative to the main road.

A short while later we made it back to Ardanaiseig where we'd stayed earlier in the week, with the car increasingly graunching over the undulating roads, and once again covered the car up for the night.

What a delightful little road and a lovely looking hotel. I'm glad you made the ferry ok; I now carry a little pot of assorted nuts and bolts for just such mishaps.