The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
variants of scuttle throttle cross shaft
I realise I don't have a proper chronology in my head for the different throttle cross shafts. I know the Nippy with arc bend, and I have one here which is straight and has the 90 degree bend for the throttle on the N/S. It has no space for any throttle action the central controls (only enough room for the accelerator connection) so I'm presuming its post '32 or whenever the DK4 came in?
I've also seen a cross shaft with a parallel higher section in the middle but not an arc. I'm not sure what that fitted.

How many are there in entirety... and can one back-convert something later for s/wheel centre controls? TIA
here is a start, as there is a pic on ebay. I can see it's got a broken throttle bar which much go down to the steering wheel controls, but is it the same width as the later item with no bar, or is just that the lock ring is moved a tad to allow more room for that end? 
The one I have [with room only for the foot throttle] is 49.5cm from end of the bar to the widest point of the outer radius leading down into the right angle bit for the carb.

I think the RP uses a rod with small offsets between the brackets to enable it to clear the flywheel cover, if I remember correctly. It's about 40 years since I had one!
Perhaps I have your old one here too Robert! It is 47cm end to end (has another locator at the N/S end rather than the bent bar), has the centre straight section parallel to the ends which retain the brackets, and the through-pegged retainer for the collar allows 6cm beyond it. Which suggests it may not be for an RP, as that wouldn't need more than the retainer bracket for the scuttle and the throttle end, would it?
I suggest a look at Parts List 1029 page 24 part no BF45 on the archive. It matches your description and mine.
Hi Jon

Check out Tony Leslie’s items just added on eBay !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/116252722207?...media=COPY

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/116252727278?...media=COPY

Howard
Thanks both. Parts (comprehensive) lists excellent. I think my questioning was probably related to thinking the DK4 came in earlier than it did. Would be good to assemble all the parts list images chronologically.  Here are Tony's images - always the shinest images on the web!  
.jpg   s-l960-6.jpg (Size: 112.16 KB / Downloads: 91)
.jpg   s-l960-5.jpg (Size: 97.47 KB / Downloads: 92)