The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
windscreen frame repairs
Can anyone help with pictures of the construction of the window frame and a pattern  for the wooden piece above the front window or any literature on body repairs for a box saloon
Which box saloon is this RN or RP with or without sunshine roof?
There are diagrams on the Archive web site which you may (should..) find useful. Both RN and RP models are documented..

hth..

Hugh

https://archive.a7ca.org/collections/tec.../td0191-2/

https://archive.a7ca.org/collections/tec.../td0190-2/
Are you talking about the wood which runs above the windscreen and into which the long top hinge screws?
If yes I have just replaced mine on an RP and could share some info / pictures which might help.
If it's an RN with sunshine roof the original wood was fitted before the roof was fitted
.jpeg   Windscreen peak drain.jpeg (Size: 24.65 KB / Downloads: 134) .
Faced with this problem I installed a length of 11/4" x 1/4" steel strip drilled and tapped to take 2 BA screws for securing the windscreen hinge.
Hi thanks for responding. its for an RN the problem is there is very little left of the original frame left as it was full of body filler not even fibre glass and the wood that was there is virtualy dust so nothing to take a pattern from I knew wwhen I bought it there was some filler but not this much   Thanks for any help I can get
Hi Chris if you have any photos I would be very greatful
(06-07-2024, 09:38 PM)Historian1951 Wrote: Hi Chris if you have any photos I would be very greatful

Sorry but I don't think they'll be any use to you as my car is an RP, the structure is different.