The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Association Publicity Officer
The Austin 7 Clubs' Association have created a new role called Publicity Officer and I have volunteered to get the ball rolling. I introduced myself in the 2024B Grey Magazine.
Essentially we are raising the profile of the clubs within the association and hopefully the membership will grow accordingly. This will keep our clubs and cars going well after we have departed.

To do this we are using YouTube and Facebook as tools to get Austin 7's in front of new people who might otherwise be drawn to a different make or age of car. We will expand to use different media to raise our profile even further over time.

To do this effectively I need a little help. Do you have pictures or short videos that I can use? Maybe a car celebrating its 100th or 90th birthday? An interesting journey or story around a car or family? Even if you are not on social media yourself I can use your material with your permission.

Please contact me via the email address below if you would like to help or ask a question. I will also check this thread from time to time.

Many thanks,
Steven Earl
publicity@a7ca.org
Thank you for the emails! Especially the videos from Mike Costigan. Please keep them coming!

A couple of responders are unsure about the relationship between their local club and the Association or even whether they are in the Association. The excerpt below is taken from the Association website and should help especially for non club members as they will have never seen the 'Grey Mag'.

The Austin Seven Clubs Association ( A7CA ) exists to promote the pre-war Austin Seven car through its umbrella of Austin Seven Clubs. The Association was formed in 1969, with the view of bringing together the various Austin Seven clubs that then existed. Now just about every Austin Seven club worldwide is a member or associate member.
The Association produces a high quality quarterly magazine, in the style of the Austin Seven handbooks, which are available through the member clubs of the Association. These are now known as the ‘Grey Books’ amongst the Seven enthusiasts.
The Association is run by a committee which is made up of members from the various clubs.

https://a7ca.org

I hope to meet some of you tomorrow at Beaulieu. I will be the one holding a Go Pro Camera wearing a white baseball cap. Please come and say hello.

Steve.
(29-06-2024, 01:21 PM)s.earl Wrote: Thank you for the emails! Especially the videos from Mike Costigan. Please keep them coming!

A couple of responders are unsure about the relationship between their local club and the Association or even whether they are in the Association. The excerpt below is taken from the Association website and should help especially for non club members as they will have never seen the 'Grey Mag'.

The Austin Seven Clubs Association ( A7CA ) exists to promote the pre-war Austin Seven car through its umbrella of Austin Seven Clubs. The Association was formed in 1969, with the view of bringing together the various Austin Seven clubs that then existed. Now just about every Austin Seven club worldwide is a member or associate member.
The Association produces a high quality quarterly magazine, in the style of the Austin Seven handbooks, which are available through the member clubs of the Association. These are now known as the ‘Grey Books’ amongst the Seven enthusiasts.
The Association is run by a committee which is made up of members from the various clubs.

I hope to meet some of you tomorrow at Beaulieu. I will be the one holding a Go Pro Camera wearing a white baseball cap. Please come and say hello.

Steve.

I have always found this confusing. Above you mention the 'Grey Mag' and in italics the A7CA mention the 'Grey Books'. 
Then we have the Pre-war austin seven Clubs association, which has local Groups, and one of those groups listed is the Pre-war Austin seven club. It also seems to have Groups. For many of us there is no group nearby, but joining the  Pre-war austin seven club, costs £42 per year. I guess there are many like me who don't belong to any club.
It would be very difficult, in Australia at least, to run and maintain an Austin 7 without being a member of an Austin 7 Club- both for Spares and technical help. (not to mention the friendship of like minded people)

Still some people prefer to go it alone I suppose   Huh

Our Club is a member of the A7CA so we members can purchase the excellent 'grey magazine' for a very reasonable price.
(29-06-2024, 02:28 PM)andrew34ruby Wrote:
(29-06-2024, 01:21 PM)s.earl Wrote: Thank you for the emails! Especially the videos from Mike Costigan. Please keep them coming!

Steve.

I have always found this confusing. Above you mention the 'Grey Mag' and in italics the A7CA mention the 'Grey Books'. 
Then we have the Pre-war austin seven Clubs association, which has local Groups, and one of those groups listed is the Pre-war Austin seven club. It also seems to have Groups. For many of us there is no group nearby, but joining the  Pre-war austin seven club, costs £42 per year. I guess there are many like me who don't belong to any club.

The Pre-war Austin 7 Club have a thriving Yorkshire Group who have regular meetings in our area.  They also organise runs that are based at Masham and Leyburn, not so far away at all.   Membership of the Club is a bargain when you receive a good quality monthly magazine and the four quarterly Grey Magazines.   The subscription is about the same as a pub lunch for two.
And don't forget that club membership brings insurance discounts too.
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Every member of our Melbourne Club who provides an email address (some still don't or won't) receives a well appreciated monthly magazine 'The Light Shaft' which provides all the latest gossip all for A$50 pa !
We don’t have an A7 Club with a meet in South Northants/North Oxfordshire/ Bucks, so I joined the Austin Ten Drivers Club as they had a regular meet near Banbury…only to find after joining that the meeting had been disbanded!
Our local club is officially an A10 club but a mix of members and cars attend which makes life interesting
Thanks Malcolm, is that the group that meets over at Morley, the far side of Leeds?
(30-06-2024, 08:30 AM)Malcolm Parker Wrote: The Pre-war Austin 7 Club have a thriving Yorkshire Group who have regular meetings in our area.  They also organise runs that are based at Masham and Leyburn, not so far away at all.   Membership of the Club is a bargain when you receive a good quality monthly magazine and the four quarterly Grey Magazines.   The subscription is about the same as a pub lunch for two.

(30-06-2024, 08:30 AM)Malcolm Parker Wrote: The Pre-war Austin 7 Club have a thriving Yorkshire Group who have regular meetings in our area.  They also organise runs that are based at Masham and Leyburn, not so far away at all.   Membership of the Club is a bargain when you receive a good quality monthly magazine and the four quarterly Grey Magazines.   The subscription is about the same as a pub lunch for two.