The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headlamp bulbs
I have a Mk1 March 1935 Ruby with a blown headlight. The markings on the bulb just state 6 volt 25/35. No other markings. I assume it is a pre focus bulb as it has the large round collar fitted with the nick cut out so it can only be fitted one way. I also assume 25/35 refers to the wattage.
I am unsure what the replacement bulb is. There are Apf (American)and Bpf (British)bulbs out there none of which seem to be 25/35w. This wattage seems to be for motorcycles. I am certain there will be someone on this forum that can advise on the correct bulbs for my car. I know I can fit LEDs but my son thinks we should keep it original as much as possible. The car is not normally driven after dark.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
I would not worry too much about originality, as what you have got are non-original replacement pre-focus reflectors, probably Wipac, or Lucas 700 or similar. The bulb you want is British Pre-Focus and widely available.
The original system on a Mk.1 Ruby was the solenoid dip and out arrangement
Good morning. Have a look at the Seven Workshop's on line catalogue. There are illustrations of bulbs.
Stuart have you seen my PM to you --send a couple of days ago.