The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steering column rattle
Steering column rattle. I would appreciate if some kind person could please help. I have a 1932 Austin RN The steering column rattles and it sounds as if the stator tune is rattling inside the column. There is also a slight rattle the steering wheel and the advance and retard mechanism. Any advice would be much appreciated. 
Many thanks, Jim
Our steering column rattled when the wheel was slightlu loose.
Jim
If you have throttle and advance/retard levers fitted they can vibrate and rattle at the ends and the noise can be amplified by the stator tubes. Solved it on my car by taking them off as I don't need them.
I know '29 car's steering outer columns were fitted with a bush, manufactured in a cork like material. Is this missing? ( Part number BM133 together with a supporting washer, BM134 )
(16-07-2024, 04:01 PM)Chris Garner Wrote: I know '29 car's steering outer columns were fitted with a bush, manufactured in a cork like material. Is this missing? ( Part number BM133 together with a supporting washer, BM134 )
Often worn down giving a bit of movement in the column. Not a major problem which I live with  Rolleyes