The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ignition failure - and a very odd thing happening
Ignition failure - the car would not start. A clicking noise from the electronic distributor revealed that a constant spark was flowing from it when a plug lead was earthed. Further investigation showed that if the lead from the coil was put to earth, the same thing happened. In other words, the fault appeared to be independent of the electronic module inside the distributor. 
The constant sparking was stopped by adding an extra earth lead from the coil - but then there was no spark at all. Another ignition module has been ordered - so we'll see what happens when that's fitted. Has anyone come across a similar issue before - or have any clue as to what might be happening?
Not knowing what type of electronic module it is and its wiring arrangements it is difficult to comment. I have not used such a system myself.
Hi

I have read your post several times and can't decipher what setup you have and why you are doing what you describe. A spark doesn't "flow", so what do you really mean ? More details please.