The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TT Ulsters Colour
The car, it's history and subsequent restoration has been very well documented over the years and is now well looked after and frequently driven over in N. Ireland. I examined the car some years back during work on it and found it of great interest. Great care has been taken to preserve and conserve as much as possible.
I seem to remember there is some video footage of the Canadian car roaring around the Irish countryside…great to see it being driven!
Hi All

Grey Mag 2023A

Cheers

Howard
(21-06-2024, 06:40 AM)Tony Press Wrote: From memory it had been in Canada for some years before being brought to Ireland for a major rebuild.

Thanks, in the '90's I knew a fellow (neighbour of very good friends) who had a 7 that had raced and won at Brooklands hanging in his shop. I never saw it but he had a Roller and various other great cars so I had no reason to doubt him. Didn't know if this is the same car.
(21-06-2024, 06:40 AM)Tony Press Wrote: From memory it had been in Canada for some years before being brought to Ireland for a major rebuild.

It was discovered in Canada, (after the then owner moved form Ireland and bought it with him.)

My father and I helped hugely in gathering information and also worked out what car it was form the ledgers, various articles and found the original registration documents in Ireland. As said above when it left the factory it was sent to the dealer in Ireland in cream (and red IIRC) hence why the steering wheel is red. The documents backed this up.

Underwent major restoration in Canada, (and was overdone with lots of body work being replaced with new metal) and then returned to Ireland where the old panels were then re-instated. I have a lot of photos of details and how the restoration progressed.
(22-06-2024, 09:57 AM)austin Wrote:
(21-06-2024, 06:40 AM)Tony Press Wrote: From memory it had been in Canada for some years before being brought to Ireland for a major rebuild.

It was discovered in Canada, (after the then owner moved form Ireland and bought it with him.)

Thanks for this clarity - definitely not the same car then. (no Irish accent attached) cheers
Back to the Blood-Orange colour, there was a contemporary cigarette card published which it would be reasonable to suppose was a reasonable rendition of the original colour... subject to modern scanning variation, too!

.jpg   1931 LCC Relay Grand Prix.jpg (Size: 59.08 KB / Downloads: 88)