The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Modification to uncoupled brakes - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Modification to uncoupled brakes (/showthread.php?tid=6552)

Pages: 1 2 3

Modification to uncoupled brakes - Nick Salmon - 25-08-2021

I came across this the other day. Good thing to do, or not?

.png   image_2021-08-25_102110.png (Size: 131.68 KB / Downloads: 664)

RE: Modification to uncoupled brakes - Alan - 25-08-2021

Yes a good thing to do

RE: Modification to uncoupled brakes - Ruairidh Dunford - 25-08-2021

I have done this many times and agree with Alan, a good and sensible modification to make.

RE: Modification to uncoupled brakes - Parazine - 25-08-2021

During the Top Hat chassis restoration, I welded straps from the top of the cross shaft bracket to the front crossmember. Has to be done in the dismantled state to avoid melting the zinc bushes. I can report that the brake pedal is firm and the brakes work remarkably well. I also re-fabricated the "Bodello" coupling device......

RE: Modification to uncoupled brakes - Howard Wright - 25-08-2021

Hi Nick

Yes definitely.  I used pipe brackets with a copper “bearing” soldered in. (Excuse the Phillips head set screws  Blush ).

Cheers

Howard

RE: Modification to uncoupled brakes - Renaud - 25-08-2021

I don't understand the need for the "bearing" Howard. Only for not allowing the bolt to rub directly on the shaft?

RE: Modification to uncoupled brakes - Ivor Hawkins - 25-08-2021

I think it is just used to reduce the internal diameter of the pipe clamp for a good fit Renault...but I could be wrong!

(25-08-2021, 11:57 AM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: I think it is just used to reduce the internal diameter of the pipe clamp for a good fit Renault...but I could be wrong!

Spot on Ivor  Big Grin.

Cheers

Howard

RE: Modification to uncoupled brakes - AustinWood - 25-08-2021

A similar one at the near side would prevent the bracket moving back.
watching underneath while someone presses the brake pedal is interesting. The movement on the brackets is surprising!

(25-08-2021, 05:14 PM)AustinWood Wrote: A similar one at the near side would prevent the bracket moving back.
watching underneath while someone presses the brake pedal is interesting. The movement on the brackets is surprising!

I have exactly that arrangement  Smile.

Cheers

Howard