The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Alternative engines in an Austin Seven - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Alternative engines in an Austin Seven (/showthread.php?tid=9130)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Alternative engines in an Austin Seven - Steve kay - 19-01-2024

Rhuaididh, there certainly was a J2 MG at Caldercruix that had a Ford engine for a very long time indeed. Good for trialling.

RE: Alternative engines in an Austin Seven - squeak - 19-01-2024

Thanks Ruairidh, I looked them up, must have been the Cleone that day on account of the pop bang and the smoke

RE: Alternative engines in an Austin Seven - Alan - 19-01-2024

I seem to remember a film clip of a Ruby fitted with a gypsy major aero engine complete with propellor

RE: Alternative engines in an Austin Seven - JohnD - 19-01-2024

I have seen a photo of a seven with a Stationary Engine fitted and large stack exhaust pipe, poissibly a lister diesel - i cant however find the photo

RE: Alternative engines in an Austin Seven - Lowespeed - 19-01-2024

There's an Austin 7 based special that competes with the VSCC with a supercharged MG engine

RE: Alternative engines in an Austin Seven - Malcolm Parker - 19-01-2024

There's also a VSCC sprint car with a FIAT  (Ballila?) engine.

RE: Alternative engines in an Austin Seven - Ivor Hawkins - 19-01-2024

(19-01-2024, 01:25 PM)JohnD Wrote: I have seen a photo of a seven with a Stationary Engine fitted and large stack exhaust pipe, poissibly a lister diesel - i cant however find the photo

John, I think you’ll find Ruairidh has already posted a pic of that car earlier in this thread.

RE: Alternative engines in an Austin Seven - Dave Wortley - 19-01-2024

My friend’s MG PA was tuned by a well known tuning expert and produced the standard 35 bhp.
I could overtake him easily in my pretend Ulster going up the long climb from Sheffield to the Peak District Moors. Perhaps he didn’t want to try too hard having spent a small fortune on his car. The parts are indeed very expensive compared to A7s.

RE: Alternative engines in an Austin Seven - stuartu - 19-01-2024

According to google the PA weighs roughly 14.5 cwt, nearly twice as much as your pretend Ulster I would guess, Dave. Even if your car produced a modest 25 hp it seems reasonable that it would scurry past the MG.

Regards,

Stuart

RE: Alternative engines in an Austin Seven - JohnD - 19-01-2024

(19-01-2024, 04:24 PM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote:
(19-01-2024, 01:25 PM)JohnD Wrote: I have seen a photo of a seven with a Stationary Engine fitted and large stack exhaust pipe, poissibly a lister diesel - i cant however find the photo

John, I think you’ll find Ruairidh has already posted a pic of that car earlier in this thread.

Thats what happens when you start the book at the back - i didnt see it on the written list