The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Battery issues - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Battery issues (/showthread.php?tid=9384)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Battery issues - Steve kay - 27-05-2024

Another happy user of Tanya Batteries.

RE: Battery issues - Duncan Grimmond - 27-05-2024

I assume you've tried it with another battery...

RE: Battery issues - JohnD - 27-05-2024

Worth trying your local motor factor - you may get a surprise on what they can source you and the cost!

I recently purchased from used Alpha batteries, and they were really good, had an issue with the packing but it was rectified with no problem or cost to me.

RE: Battery issues - Austin Nippy - 28-05-2024

Hi. Thanks again everyone.

To answer Duncan's sensible question, I did try another battery and that did the trick so always worth looking at the obvious first as always.

I now await the opening of the various suppliers to source a permanent replacement now that the bank holiday is over. I'd not thought about local motor factors to be honest, so another good shout there.

We'll see what turns up...

Best wishes,
Nick

RE: Battery issues - John Mason - 28-05-2024

Tony Griffith recommended this company a few months ago. They sell MG spares and batteries. There 180Ah 6volt batter was exactly the correct size for my battery box. £79.95. Plus around £30.00 delivery costs. Fully charged and with breathable vents to swop for the fully sealed plugs to prevent leakage.£30 seem steep for delivery but that’s because of the hazard of battery acid.

MGOC spares and accesories.
John Mason

RE: Battery issues - Austin Nippy - 04-06-2024

Good morning everyone,
Just a final update after all your help. Yorkshire Batteries came up trumps and were able to provide a "wet" battery, fully charged and ready for collection yesterday. They couldn't have been more helpful so I would happily recommend them. Everything is back up and running again now...
The 501 / 17 battery fits nicely in the Nippy battery box under the bonnet and gives 117 Amp / Hrs so able to run all night with the original lights on without it going flat.
Thanks again for the recommendations,
Best wishes,
Nick

RE: Battery issues - Dave Wortley - 04-06-2024

Another one for Yorkshire Batteries. Had 2 recently, one for 12v A7 and one for Ser 2 Landy.

RE: Battery issues - Reckless Rat - 04-06-2024

I suggested them because I bought one from them for the RP a long while back, before I escaped to Macronland. I can't remember exactly when but it was near the time Dave Wortley last bought a round... Smile

(sorry Dave - I'll be round to inspect the fuse in your kettle soon, I promise)